Chicken and Avocado Rice Bowl
This yummy and healthy rice bowl will quickly become a family favourite and keep them asking for more!
- Rice ¾ cup
- 1 avocado
- 6 cherry/grape tomatoes
- Corn kernels ½ cup (fresh or frozen organic)
- Edamame or kidney beans ½ cup
- 2 chicken breasts
- Coriander (cilantro) small bunch
- Natural Pumpkin seeds ¼ cup
- Natural Sesame seeds ¼ cup
- Honey ½ tsp
- Extra virgin olive oil (3 tablespoons)
- Juice from one whole lemon or lime
- Cook rice using your preferred method.
- Zest & juice lemon or lime
- Grill/bake chicken breasts lightly spiced with salt/pepper or spices of your choice
- Saute corn until lightly golden brown
- Slice cherry/grape tomatoes
- Cut avocado into 2cm squares
- Roughly chop coriander
- In a separate bowl, whisk lemon juice, olive oil and honey, add salt and pepper to taste
- Fluff cooked rice
- Separate rice into servings
- Add sliced or chopped chicken breast to each bowl
- Drizzle with lemon dressing
- Add edamame, avocado, and corn and mix to each bowl
- Top with roasted seeds, coriander and chopped tomato
- Additional extras for some Mexican flair: sour cream, cheese, hot sauce, red onions.
Do you consider yourself someone who looks on the bright side? It's not always easy, but having a positive outlook on life definitely makes life easier. I'm not saying that we should ignore our struggles or pretend that everything is perfect all the time, but having a...
Ever imagined sitting on a beach, sipping a drink with an umbrella in it, and not having to stress about heading back to work? I know I have. This seems like an impossible dream, but it’s a reality for many people (and not just those born with splashy trust funds!)....
With wellness becoming a greater focus in our lives, we’re constantly looking for fun new ways we can refresh and re-energise. Here are three different wellness techniques you can try.The ears are a surprising source of stress relief because they’re covered in reflex...
Writing in a Gratitude Journal each day can help increase your overall wellbeing and happiness. Use your journal to refocus on the multitude of positives in your life and create a wonderful treasure to reflect on as you navigate life. I have often looked back upon my...
Exercise can bring up a lot of funky feelings. You may be self–conscious about your athletic skills, that was me. Or you may be stuck in this story where you think you hate exercising. You might think exercise is something you “have” to do. Or maybe you think that if...
It's such an important part of our lives, but how much thought have you given to what goes into getting a good night's sleep? It wasn't until I became a sleep-deprived mom that I truly appreciated the importance of sleep (for myself and my daughter). Not only is it...
Love our vibe?
Learn about becoming a part of our tribe of Mumpreneurs…