Healthy Banana and Blueberry Muffins
We all love muffins, but I wanted a healthier snack for my kids, so came up with this delicious gluten and sugar free version. These muffins are perfect for afternoon tea, a lunch box treat, or even a quick breakfast on the go.
- 1/2 cup coconut flour,
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ripe banana
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons liquid coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup blueberries
Makes approx. 6 muffins
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/390F. Lightly grease a standard muffin pan
- Mix together the coconut flour and baking powder until well blended
- In a separate bowl, mash banana using a fork.
- Whisk together the eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla and almond extracts until smooth. Add in the mashed banana and whisk.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix with a fork until there are no lumps.
- Gently fold the blueberries into the batter.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each about half full.
- Bake the muffins for about 18 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let them cool for about 5 minutes in the pan before removing to cool.
Love our vibe?
Learn about becoming a part of our tribe of Mumpreneurs…