Vegan doesn’t have to mean boring! There are so many fantastic plant-based meals out there to enjoy, whether you’re having a meat-free-Monday, or a total lifestyle change. Give these tacos a try, they’re part of a delicious and healthy Tex-Mex meal that the whole family will love.
- 1 butternut pumpkin or two large sweet potatoes
- 1 tin of organic black beans
- 1 red onion diced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 tbsp of olive or avocado oil
- 2 tbsp of taco seasoning
- Bunch of coriander (chopped)
- 3 avocados chopped into 1cm chunks
- 3 cups of baby spinach, rocket, or your favourite shredded lettuce.
- 3 limes cut into wedges
- Organic corn tortillas
- Optional: Vegan Mexican or Feta Cheese, pumpkin seeds,
- Optional: Sliced jalapenos or chipotle sauce.
- Peel and cut your pumpkin or sweet potatoes into 2cm square chunks and roast in a 180 C oven for around 25 minutes, or until they have cooked through and begun to caramelize.
- Heat your oil in a large fry pan and saute the onion over medium heat until it is translucent. Add in your garlic and stir for a couple of minutes.
- Add in 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning (if you don’t have time to make our GF seasoning, you can use a sachet of a store bought organic alternative) and stir for a minute.
- Add the ¼ cup of water and the black beans to the frypan and stir until the beans are warmed through and the water has reduced to about a tablespoon.
- Add your pumpkin/sweet potato to the pan and stir.
- Serve the veggie/bean mix with wedges of lime, a bowl of baby or chopped lettuce leaves, coriander, chopped avocado, vegan cheese or pumpkin seeds, chilli of your choice, and organic corn tortillas.
- Our pineapple salsa and watermelon salad are also great accompaniments.
With wellness becoming a greater focus in our lives, we’re constantly looking for fun new ways we can refresh and re-energise. Here are three different wellness techniques you can try.The ears are a surprising source of stress relief because they’re covered in reflex...
Writing in a Gratitude Journal each day can help increase your overall wellbeing and happiness. Use your journal to refocus on the multitude of positives in your life and create a wonderful treasure to reflect on as you navigate life. I have often looked back upon my...
Exercise can bring up a lot of funky feelings. You may be self–conscious about your athletic skills, that was me. Or you may be stuck in this story where you think you hate exercising. You might think exercise is something you “have” to do. Or maybe you think that if...
It's such an important part of our lives, but how much thought have you given to what goes into getting a good night's sleep? It wasn't until I became a sleep-deprived mom that I truly appreciated the importance of sleep (for myself and my daughter). Not only is it...
Why is miscarriage such a taboo subject? It is something people generally don't speak of or if they do, it's spoken of in secret. When pregnant with my first baby I was so excited to have finally fallen pregnant that I literally wanted to tell the world, but you see...
I was a Monday to Friday girl for many years. From work, to exercise, to eating well; it only happened on weekdays. Then weekends came and I consumed all the carbs I hadn’t eaten during the week, overindulged and stayed up much too late. Monday mornings came way too...
Love our vibe?
Learn about becoming a part of our tribe of Mumpreneurs…