Versatile and simple Fruit Compote
Fruit compote is one of the easiest, most delicious little condiments you could ever whip up in your kitchen! It works for a huge range of fruit and even combinations of your favourites. Add preferred spices for flavour, and pop it on top of pancakes, granola or muesli, homemade baked apples or pears, porridge, coconut yoghurt – there’s nothing it won’t take to the next level!
- 2 cups of your preferred fruit, fresh or frozen (peel and de-seed fresh fruit if needed – see fruit ideas below in Notes)
- Splash of your preferred sweetener, to taste (maple syrup or rice malt syrup are great options)
- Water to desired consistency
- Any additional flavours from the list below, if you want to try something different!
- Pop the fruit and a dash of sweetener and water to a pan. Bring it to a low boil and then lower the temperature and simmer for 5-10 minutes, depending on whether you’re using fresh or frozen fruit.
- You can either mash the fruit with a fork or potato masher, or if you prefer a really smooth texture, you can blend it once it’s finished cooking.
- Continue simmering for another 5-10 minutes until the compote has reduced. Depending on the fruit you use, you may need to add a little water to get the desired consistency.
- Remove the compote from heat and test for sweetness and flavour. You can adjust any flavours at this point, including adding a little more sweetener if you feel it needs it.
Additional flavour ideas:
Zest from lemon or orange
Fresh or ground ginger
Do you consider yourself someone who looks on the bright side? It's not always easy, but having a positive outlook on life definitely makes life easier. I'm not saying that we should ignore our struggles or pretend that everything is perfect all the time, but having a...
Ever imagined sitting on a beach, sipping a drink with an umbrella in it, and not having to stress about heading back to work? I know I have. This seems like an impossible dream, but it’s a reality for many people (and not just those born with splashy trust funds!)....
With wellness becoming a greater focus in our lives, we’re constantly looking for fun new ways we can refresh and re-energise. Here are three different wellness techniques you can try.The ears are a surprising source of stress relief because they’re covered in reflex...
Writing in a Gratitude Journal each day can help increase your overall wellbeing and happiness. Use your journal to refocus on the multitude of positives in your life and create a wonderful treasure to reflect on as you navigate life. I have often looked back upon my...
Exercise can bring up a lot of funky feelings. You may be self–conscious about your athletic skills, that was me. Or you may be stuck in this story where you think you hate exercising. You might think exercise is something you “have” to do. Or maybe you think that if...
It's such an important part of our lives, but how much thought have you given to what goes into getting a good night's sleep? It wasn't until I became a sleep-deprived mom that I truly appreciated the importance of sleep (for myself and my daughter). Not only is it...
Love our vibe?
Learn about becoming a part of our tribe of Mumpreneurs…