10 Top Tips to Get More Plants on Your Plate
Did you know that only 1 in 10 Adults consume enough fruit and vegetables AND 1 in 20 children?
We all know the importance of getting fruit and vegetables into our bodies every day but the truth is that most of us aren’t getting what we need.
It sounds simple to just eat more fruits and vegetables but sometimes simple isn’t easy so here are our top 10 tips to get more plants into you and your kids on a daily basis.
- Meatless Monday – get creative with a vegan meal every week
- Smoothies jam packed with goodness is one of the easiest ways to power pack nutrition and a wide variety of plants in. Get sneaky with spinach and zucchini
- NHC Treats like, our sweet potato brownies (see recipe)
- Add zucchini and carrots into scrambled eggs and bolognese sauces, blitz them small if you need
- Grated apple, carrot, pumpkin and zucchini go great in pancakes
- Add legumes such as black, lentils etc to anything with mince or even substitute it
- Chop and serve veggies raw as snacks or on a platter in the middle of the dinner table with serving tongs. It’s amazing the amount my kids eat when they serve themselves
- Have Nourish bowls for lunch where you throw in a wide variety of veg
- Add JP+ wholefood capsules to your routine, have them on their own, add to smoothies or mix through fruit purée for little ones.
- Take the kids to the fruit shop and let them choose their own fruit and veg and let them eat it wholly if that’s what they want to do. They are much more likely to eat it if they feel like they have some control
I challenge you to make a conscious effort to add more fruits and vegetables into your day this week and see how amazing you start to feel.
Need Some Help Looking on the Bright Side?
Do you consider yourself someone who looks on the bright side? It's not always easy, but having a positive outlook on life definitely makes life easier. I'm not saying that we should ignore our struggles or pretend that everything is perfect all the time, but having a...
You Can’t Afford to be ‘Active’ When it Comes to Your Money!
Ever imagined sitting on a beach, sipping a drink with an umbrella in it, and not having to stress about heading back to work? I know I have. This seems like an impossible dream, but it’s a reality for many people (and not just those born with splashy trust funds!)....
Take a MOMENT
With wellness becoming a greater focus in our lives, we’re constantly looking for fun new ways we can refresh and re-energise. Here are three different wellness techniques you can try.The ears are a surprising source of stress relief because they’re covered in reflex...
Writing in a Gratitude Journal each day can help increase your overall wellbeing and happiness. Use your journal to refocus on the multitude of positives in your life and create a wonderful treasure to reflect on as you navigate life. I have often looked back upon my...
Do you have a love-hate relationship with exercise?
Exercise can bring up a lot of funky feelings. You may be self–conscious about your athletic skills, that was me. Or you may be stuck in this story where you think you hate exercising. You might think exercise is something you “have” to do. Or maybe you think that if...
Are You a Tired Momma?
It's such an important part of our lives, but how much thought have you given to what goes into getting a good night's sleep? It wasn't until I became a sleep-deprived mom that I truly appreciated the importance of sleep (for myself and my daughter). Not only is it...
Love our vibe?
Learn about becoming a part of our tribe of Mumpreneurs…