Our Famous Naked KFC
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or ghee
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g organic chicken breast strips, thighs or drumsticks
- 1 cup organic buttermilk or milk
- 2/3 cup brown rice or GF flour
- 2 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 1/2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1 lemon, to serve
- Marinate chicken in milk and garlic for several hours.
- Place the flour, spices and seasonings in a bag or in a bowl, coat chicken pieces evenly with the mix.
- Layout on a tray lined with baking paper and drizzle with coconut oil.
- Place in a moderate oven for 10min, then turn over and continue for another 5-10min or till golden.
- Alternatively shallow fry in a mix of coconut oil and ghee, and drain on a paper towel before serving with sweet potato wedges and salad.
Need Some Help Looking on the Bright Side?
Do you consider yourself someone who looks on the bright side? It's not always easy, but having a positive outlook on life definitely makes life easier. I'm not saying that we should ignore our struggles or pretend that everything is perfect all the time, but having a...
You Can’t Afford to be ‘Active’ When it Comes to Your Money!
Ever imagined sitting on a beach, sipping a drink with an umbrella in it, and not having to stress about heading back to work? I know I have. This seems like an impossible dream, but it’s a reality for many people (and not just those born with splashy trust funds!)....
Take a MOMENT
With wellness becoming a greater focus in our lives, we’re constantly looking for fun new ways we can refresh and re-energise. Here are three different wellness techniques you can try.The ears are a surprising source of stress relief because they’re covered in reflex...
Writing in a Gratitude Journal each day can help increase your overall wellbeing and happiness. Use your journal to refocus on the multitude of positives in your life and create a wonderful treasure to reflect on as you navigate life. I have often looked back upon my...
Do you have a love-hate relationship with exercise?
Exercise can bring up a lot of funky feelings. You may be self–conscious about your athletic skills, that was me. Or you may be stuck in this story where you think you hate exercising. You might think exercise is something you “have” to do. Or maybe you think that if...
Are You a Tired Momma?
It's such an important part of our lives, but how much thought have you given to what goes into getting a good night's sleep? It wasn't until I became a sleep-deprived mom that I truly appreciated the importance of sleep (for myself and my daughter). Not only is it...
Love our vibe?
Learn about becoming a part of our tribe of Mumpreneurs…