Slow Cooked Thai Curry
- 500g grass-fed oyster blade steak OR preferred meat
- 400ml Amya’s 100% coconut cream
- 1 stalk lemongrass, white part only
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 shallot
- 2- 4 red chillies, seeds removed, to preference
- Roots of coriander bunch
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1-2 tbsp fish sauce, to taste
- 1-2 tbsp coconut sugar or palm sugar (optional), to taste
- Juice of 1 lime
- Pickled Shallot and Coconut Salad
- 1/3 cup coconut vinegar
- 1 tbsp coconut or palm sugar
- 2 Asian shallots, finely sliced
- Toasted coconut chips
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed and sliced finely
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, sliced as finely as possible
- Blend white part of lemongrass, kaffir leaves, chillies, coriander roots, and spices with a splash of coconut cream until smooth.
- Slow Cooker: Throw in the paste, cream, sugar and meat into your slow cooker and cook for 6-8 hours. Add peppercorns, fish sauce and lime juice to taste before serving.
- Or Stove Top: Fry off the paste in a little coconut oil or cream until fragrant. Add remaining ingredients, turn heat to low and simmer for 3-4 hours, stirring occasionally, until meat is tender.
- Salad: Gently heat coconut vinegar and sugar, take off the heat and add shallots. Let pickle for at least an hour if possible, or preferably through the day. Drain and combine with coconut, chilli, lime leaves and coriander when serving.
- Serving suggestions: Serve with cauliflower rice softened in coconut cream and seasoned with lime juice and shredded fresh kaffir lime leaves.
Need Some Help Looking on the Bright Side?
Do you consider yourself someone who looks on the bright side? It's not always easy, but having a positive outlook on life definitely makes life easier. I'm not saying that we should ignore our struggles or pretend that everything is perfect all the time, but having a...
You Can’t Afford to be ‘Active’ When it Comes to Your Money!
Ever imagined sitting on a beach, sipping a drink with an umbrella in it, and not having to stress about heading back to work? I know I have. This seems like an impossible dream, but it’s a reality for many people (and not just those born with splashy trust funds!)....
Take a MOMENT
With wellness becoming a greater focus in our lives, we’re constantly looking for fun new ways we can refresh and re-energise. Here are three different wellness techniques you can try.The ears are a surprising source of stress relief because they’re covered in reflex...
Writing in a Gratitude Journal each day can help increase your overall wellbeing and happiness. Use your journal to refocus on the multitude of positives in your life and create a wonderful treasure to reflect on as you navigate life. I have often looked back upon my...
Do you have a love-hate relationship with exercise?
Exercise can bring up a lot of funky feelings. You may be self–conscious about your athletic skills, that was me. Or you may be stuck in this story where you think you hate exercising. You might think exercise is something you “have” to do. Or maybe you think that if...
Are You a Tired Momma?
It's such an important part of our lives, but how much thought have you given to what goes into getting a good night's sleep? It wasn't until I became a sleep-deprived mom that I truly appreciated the importance of sleep (for myself and my daughter). Not only is it...
Love our vibe?
Learn about becoming a part of our tribe of Mumpreneurs…